Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In which i am sleep deprived and not in the mood for hypercondriacs.

I'm not usually one that complains about sleep deprivation. I figure if soldiers and doctors and countless other individuals (also known as 90% of the population of Japan) can get by with a severe lack of sleep, so can I.

I love my appartment. It's cozy, my roommate is quite compatable to my habits, the rent is reasonable to my budget, and my room is essentially easily turned into a cave simply by covering one window with a black sheet and thus blocking the light from the entryway which has one of those auto lights. I can't unscrew the bulb, because according to my roommate, that would be dangerous! Someone could use the darkness to try and break into our appartment! Oh noes!

(insert unamused stare)

The fact of the matter is that if someone ever REALLY wanted to break into our appartment, we don't have anything that could really stop them. Our ~snirk!~ secure deadbolt is in a very unsecure doorway with a good deal of light around it. A good solid kick won't prevent much. While we may have a home made trellise blocking the jump onto our deck and thus the sliding glass door, it still wouldn't stop someone determined. And my window is by far the most logical entry point. A quick break, jump a little, and you're in.

Now, on the other hand. It only get's dark at night and both of us are ususally home by night or shortly after nightfall. I'm a light sleeper. I wake up as soon as i hear my very quite neighbor set foot on the stairs. Let alone all the noise caused by trying to break in. You kick in our front door or try to smash my window and before you can grab anything you'll have me after you with my metal baseball bat and screaming like a banshee. And you'll be running from there with somethign broken and me still chasing you.

Perhaps what i am describing is overkill, but i am not a happy person when my sleep is rudly interupted. Just ask my roommate and her frying fiasco at 11pm one night.
And in the event that I am not home. Well, then i truely hope that Katherine baracades herself in the bathroom and remembers that it's only stuff and we both have renter's insurance.

I just prefer to handle things...shall we say........in a more direct approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>