Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nano post #10 In which i heartily thank people

I have friends who graciously donated their endless time to both assist me with ideas, and talk out problems with me, give supposedly constructive critisism or just stand there with blank expressions on their faces while i suddenly am struck by a eurika moment while in their presence and begin to flail ideas around.

I must give a shout-out to three very special people who have been at the forefront of trying to keep me sane this year while undertaking this endeavor.


Colin Morton: You pain in the ass! How could you get me involved in this and then not do it yourself? Gah! Ok ok, i'm kidding, you've been awsome and this is by far the best thing i could have done for myself. I've accomplished more in less than a month than i had in several years worth of trying to write with the simple goal of "someday i might get this published". I can say for a fact without your pestering and the ability to pester you, i never would have done this. .


Mark Telford (aka: Uncle Marcus): By far the most tolerant of my ups and downs this month, permitting me to interupt his lunch hour to talk out how things might be and reading the newest additions to the story almost every day watching me bassically pick apart his own personal character in order to make Uncle Marcus sound all the more believeable. He's allowed me to basically pester him every single day multiple times when i'm having second thoughts.


John Aridi of England (woo!): inspiration and yet another reason why i agreed to join this headless chicken nonsense. Also a frequent companion on Google chat who let me pick his brains even when he was busy. Not to mention he was a great source of information in to the doings of the mob, personalities, and much needed laughter.


Other shout outs include: Margaret Florio, cousin and editor who drove all the way from poulsbo to see me and help me through some of the toughest times.


Kenny Gray: who made sure i got out to see the sun (or rather i guess it was the moon cause we always met up after work when it was dark out) every once in a while and bribed me with food and a lot of laughter especially about squeaky broccolli...don't ask, inside joke.


And The Eastside Wrimers group that met at Soul Foods and later at Panera in Redmond. Though our so called write-ins became entirely too boisterous for any productivity, i had a blast getting the chance to meet each one of you and hear about your stories.


And another Thank You to everyone who as asked about my story and how i'm doing. it was very heart warming to know that you supported my crazy efforts. I swear, most of you will see me starting to emerge now and accepting offers to hang out or go places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>