Monday, November 10, 2008

Nano post #5 and other stuff

So, I fell behind. Way behind in my opinon but not neccessarily so far that i couldn't make a comeback.
In nano news: My main character has just met the guy she's falling for rather quickly though when i get home tonight, something's going to happen to her that she won't be able to think about him very much for quite a while. Will they ever reunite? only my immagination knows....muahahah.

Current word count: 13,429
Should be at 16,670 by midnight tonight to be on track. I think it's doable, just need the right motivation.

Friday was my mom's birthday and this year i finally decided she was going to get the present i've been looking for for three years.
On a side note, i completely give up on the Washington State Cartagrophers office as well as the one for Pierce County. (map makers). They fail at being able to zoom into a given area and make a map. Sure i could get maps where the lake i needed was 4 inches on a 22 inch squared map!....but if i wanted JUST that lake...they couldn't do it. FAIL!
The present i wanted for my mom was a map of the lake she grew up on. Her foster father kept a map with all of his fishing notes on it in his bedroom. When the house went up for sale, the map was taken or destoyed much to my mom's heartbreak. Now we own the house and we spend a lot of time out there refurbishing, rebuilding and updating it. That is, when my mom isn't out fishing.
So after three years of trying to get it for both her birthday, mothers day and christmas, i gave up and finally made my own version of the map. Blew up a Google map, traced it onto tea stained paper, and then painted it with watercolors. The effect was awsome and both my mom and i were very pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>