Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a lot of ramblings

Yesterdays post was long overdue and I feel so much better after posting it. I just got tired of being told to change who I am.

I figured the people that know me, care about me, and love me will look at that and go "I understand this." or, hopefully, like a friend who I talk to before this "I understand this, and it's one of those things I respect you for". (not in so many words, but it felt good for someone to view my "bad" traits as something refreshing and admirable)

But enough. Onto more peaceful things:

I did not end up making my yoga class on friday. I didn't get to leave work until about 20 minutes too late and never would have made it there by that time. So I went home to see if there were any other classes for that evening. My roommate made the suggestion for me to check out our On-Demand and see if they had something for yoga. Normally, i don't advocate for large corporate companies. But On-Demand is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Not only is it capable of recording 2 shows at once (nifty for two different people), but you can get free movies anytime you want, and....yoga to do in the privacy of your appartment. all for about the price of what you would get reguar tv for.

Doing yoga again, was great. I found I'm less balanced that before, but still just about as fexible. Between an hour on the stairstepper (200 steps), tredmil (1.5 mile), and eliptical (....i don't remember how far) versus 40 minutes of yoga.....Ha, i could barely move after yoga whereas i barely noticed a difference with the other workout. Two days later, i was still feeling my obliques.
What is that saying of the marines? Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Long about the warrior poses is when my brain quieted. They are just so intense. It's that inner calm i've always sought. Someone once asked me to just babble my stream of conciousness. They regretted it. They said that they couldn't even keep up when i was thinking about something and then trying to explain it because i would go off on yet another tangent. They're the ones that described my brain as the highway full of cars going at top speeds.
But if you've ever driven down into a valey in the morning when the fog covers the road ahead of you and it's just this sea of white haze, you'll have an idea of what i feel.

HaHa, tangent.
I have on demand in my room now. So rather than worrying about my roommate walking in and seeing me in one of those compromising positions (for yoga you dirty minded people)....i can close my door and she'll knock first (yay for great roommates).
Oh, and a bedskirt which i stayed up until 11pm yesterday ironing. being productive when you can't sleep can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>