Saturday, September 20, 2008

Adventures in grocery shopping...

I go to do my grocery shopping today, since my freezer and fridge contain basically nothing but milk and those little smoothies things that give me heartburn when i try to eat them for breakfast. I don't usually eat it so i thought those would be a good way to start getting use to it. (breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and you loose weight...bla bla bla....yeah, if you get heartburn at 7:45am and can't really eat anything for the rest of the day)

Back to the story. I finish my shopping which involves getting to the checkoutline and noticing that my bag of rice has been slashed by a utility knife probably. They had to send the bag boy to go get another one. (I feel bad for him, i always hated doing that kind of nonsense).

So i finally go to walk out of the store and this 16-17 year old boy in a BDU jacket and long unkempt blonde (like bottle blonde) starts walking out just ahead of me. He's looking around like he's trying to find someone. He get's past the doorway and all of a sudden bolts to the left. I mean like really suspiciously takes off.

I get out the door and look where he ran, all the while having the moral delimma of how exactly i should deal with this. Call the police because he's acting like he probably shoplifted, follow him and see what's up, notify the store of the possibility. I turn around to go talk to someone and i see this black fellow who can't be much older walking towards me...also looking around for someone.

And get this:

He's wearing an FBI jacket.

There's another guy also in a BDU jacket with the "FBI" guy. I look at them think to myself: self, i think he's looking for that boy that just ran. So i asked him if he was looking for a boy in BDUs. He said yeah, and i pointed the way he had gone.
Granted, it wasn't until then that i noticed the FBI guy was wearing jeans that probably hadn't been washed in a little while and was more than likely WAY too young to be an agent.

The two boys walked over to where i pointed and all of a sudden, the first boy pops his head out and starts giggleing like some kind of toddler playing keep away knowing he's not going to be punished. I then hear "Don't you run" from the FBI guy quite clearly warning him not to with an unspoken "or else" attached to it.

And watch in amazement as the first boy takes off running across the parking lot still giggleling. The other two boys follow him, almost half heartedly. Had the one boy not been wearing the FBI jacket, i would have figured they're all just buddies causing a little bit of havoc.

By this point, i'm so confused, all i can do is stand there holding my very heavy bags of groceries in the rain looking rather foolish and with this completly bewildered expression on my face.

Finally snap out of it load my groceries in the car and head out to the light where i can make a safer left turn out of the parking lot.

Guess who's standing at the crosswalk: all three boys having a grand ole laugh.

-_- damn kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>