Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm tired of being "the mean person" so i'll explain

Apparently, if you have the ability to make a decision under pressure, have opinions based on your view and actually voice them, call things like you see them and with no sugar coating.... you're a bitch.

Well you know what? Fine. I'm a bitch. And damn proud of it. You wanna know why? Read on. If you don't. Stop and continue to have your narrow snapshotted view of me.

I would rather have a voice and use it even if it makes people think I'm mean, than quell it just to fit in and make everyone happy. The truth hurts, the truth is uncomfortable, the truth usually would be nicer if ignored or a blind eye turned to it. But that doesn't make it not the truth.

I'm not going to change for anyone but myself. This is the way I have chosen, years ago, to be. I never tried to fit in because it wasn't appealing to me.

If I get offended, you're going to hear about it. You're going to know exactly why I'm upset. I don't play the game of making you guess or having to figure it out. I'm direct.

If I think something you're doing is wrong, a poor choice, misguided, or irrational. I'll try to change your mind. You know why? Because I care and I won't stand by and let you do something stupid without trying to do something about it. The more i care about something, the harder I'll try. I'm resolute.

I will always be there. Even if you do something i disagree with, I'll still be there behind you. Whether it's to re-enforce you when you start to waver or to cushion your fall. I'm steadfast.

and this one will probably come as a surprise to some, they may think I'm delusional.
I listen. Contrary to the belief I've heard this last few days, i listen to everything. I hear your point of view even when it sounds like I'm not. I don't assume things about your view. I take what you say at face value. I want you to clarify so that i know what's behind your statements. I'm concise.

When you think I'm blowing up for no reason...i assure you there is something that has been said or done that is the reason. And generally, I get angry right after it. There's a point where attacking me, goes to far and I lash back and go straight for the jugular. Some may think i don't need to blow up to the extent that i do. Too bad, i dissagree. The degree of which i react, is equally porportionate to how upset i am about it.

I'm passionate! Get used to it. I live, laugh, love, hurt, hate and feel with all of my heart.

When I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong and apologize. It might not happen right away, but i will and I will mean it.

This is me. I'm not going to change because I'm not a bad person, I'm not inherently mean, and I don't think not sugar coating everything makes me so. If you want to think of me that way, go ahead. But I'm still going to be me, not who you want me to be. Maybe this is an inconvienent truth for some....but it is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>