Friday, September 12, 2008

Opinion Sparring

Yet another one of the many phrases I've developed. Because the way it goes back and forth between the parties involved is similar to a fencing match. you back off, simply blocking the attacks while they give their opinion, then attack and drive them back with yours.
While in a written debate today (via ole LJ where all the drama is) a friend and I defended our stances on certain clothing choices for men.
The choices were: zip up hoodies with a business jacket pulled over it
and boot cut jeans on men

My stance was firmly against both citing that the hoodie/jacket looks sloppy and like you don't care and the boot-cuts mean the man in question is either femminized or gay. This is fine if they are!!! I'm most certainly not against gays, or women dresssing their men without giving them any say whatsoever. I just wouldn't ever suggest it to be a good idea for someone that dosen't want that.
Said friend, liked them and as a clothing retail employee, recomended them. She also said in her post that we should "Feel free to disagree, and loudly." So i did.
*these are my opinions. I'm allowed to be judgemental and say things like that. Without opinons, nothing would EVER get done!

While my opinons don't really matter in the great scheme of things, I thought it was interesting where her friends all of a sudden jumped into our friendly debate and started treating me as a snark (mean spirited person to put it nicely). It went from calmly reenforcing our views to "you're a judgemental condescending jerk". Making me think, well, that makes you one too. :D way to go! hypocricy works so well in a debate! :D

ahhhgggg. I'm too old for this. Really. This is like junior high level debate. So i called the first friend, and apparently, we're just fine. No hard feelings at all. Then i decided to have fun with the two um......commenters

so i left slightly "condescending" responses for the two friends. To be honest, while i hope this doesn't escalate any further, i hope it stirs their pot just a liiiiiiiiittttttttllllleee bit. If i get treated like a snark, i'll respond like one. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>