Monday, September 8, 2008

70mph and guilty pleasure songs

I don't think before this that i ever realized how much of an integral part of my life, music is. It's what wakes me up in the morning, makes me feel sassy or bad ass, helps me remember that i'm beautiful no matter what the scale says, is what soothes me when i'm working, and what makes me laugh.

If you'll remember, two days after i bought Jinx, her radio died.

It took me two weeks to get them to fix it because of some after market wiring that was installed and i bought with the car. They finally got the guy in and he basically ripped out all that special wiring and hey! suddenly my radio works. Turns out it was grounded wrong and was blowing out a fuse.

Now, i had to drive all the way back up to monroe for this. So as soon as my radio was working i took off for the highway and i couldn't help myself. I turned on all those guilty pleasure songs that are so embarrasing to listen to if you actually care what strangers in the car might think. I was too happy to care.

With a big, shit-eatin' grin and sunglasses on my face and my radio cranked up to full volume, all the windows down, my hair blowing in every direction, i went speeding down the highway at 70mph.

Foolhardy i know. "what if you had gotten caught by a cop". well, normally 5 over is quite adequate for me, no real need to speed. So it's not like i do this all the time.
But it just felt good. Like Jinx was finally mine and she was perfect and our personalities melted and we were just having fun.

I can only imagine what people were thinking when this brunette pulls up with the raido blasting "girls just wanna have fun" singing along with Cindy Lauper and dancing with the steering wheel. But really, I just don't care.

I was having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>