Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Autumn

I woke up this morning to hearing rain outside and my covers pulled up to my nose and tucked around my ears. I smiled to myself. Around here, this is the simple signal that Autumn has begun; cold air and rain.
I got up and began my morning rituals in a kind of calm daze. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The colors grow so vibrant oranges, yellows and browns, and beautiful reds and everywhere you walk, there's a carpet of fallen leaves scattered in the fire colors. The mornings are crisp and not to mention you can finally start playing with your breath on the wind again.
After my shower, I sprinted back underneath my covers remembering that invigorating chill that really wakes you up. As I lay there trying to will some sembalance of warmth back into my body, fully awake with not a chance of dozing off, I start to think about what to wear for work today.
Then to my amused shock, I remember that I still have all my fall and winter clothes stored away in those vaccume sealed packs. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe all of a sudden.

Cool, I can make haiku out of that first part:

Autumn Haiku

The crisp air on my skin
The carpets of fire and gold
My breath on the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>