Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nano 2010 Day 27

Word Count: 46,670
Today's Quota: 45,009

Three days left.

While i'm very confident that i'll be able to weasle my way through the remaining 3k+ over the next three days.

What i'm not confident about is being able to finish this story satisfactorily on time.

The first year i did Nano, back in 2008, I remember seizing my cousin's hand when she arrived for thanksgiving and exclaiming, "Oh my god, I have absolutely NO climax."

Well this year, on Black Friday, i saw my cousin again and this year i said "I have a climax but NO resolution."

The fact of the matter is that i can in no way create an empirical question that will cause the characters i have spent the last 46k words building....to give up her little brother for a very handsome man. It just ain't gonna happen no matter how much i want it to happen and not sound completely and utterly contrived. And i cannot think of a way to resolve the divide between the two sides.

So it appears that by Friday, i will have a very good story put together with no ending....again. At least i haven't spent most of November wanting to throttle my pathetic main character. We'll see how i feel about finishing the story in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>