Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nano 2010 day 16

Word Count: 25,183
Today's Quota: 26,672

This is why you don't edit. This is why you don't go back and get sucked back into reading what you already wrote.

I had nearly a full day's buffer on my writing. But I scrolled back up to review a certain creature on my alien world that i had mentioned before or to think up a creature name that suited the situation. I noticed that i misspelled a word and before i could stop myself, I had right clicked on it and started editing.

Before long i was 19 pages down and still editing and it was getting very close to my bedtime. And though i had only written about six hundred words, I decided i couldn't forgo sleep another night.

That's when the thunder and lightning storm hit the northwest. I quickly backed up my story and unplugged my electronics and went to bed. Bed....glorious bed. Despite hearing about big gusts of winds, knocked out power, and thunder and lightning...i slept like a baby.

No more editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>