Monday, November 15, 2010

Nano 2010 day 15

Word count: 24,544
Today's Quota: 25,005

It's the halfway day. Halfway through the month, halfway through the quota, halfway through the story right?

yeah, right.

While I'm nearly there for the quota today, I'm far from halfway through the story. Or at least i don't think i am. It's hard to tell because it's all in my head.

I went into this month with two stories. A main story that was inspired by local events, and a prequel that explained how the characters got there. Both had awesome story lines and major intrigue when i ran them past my sounding boards.

So far i wrote a grand total of 1,216 words on the prequel story, and all the rest on my main story. Whoops. I had hoped to be spending my time half and half, but wound up writing pseudo Star Trek fan fiction which was totally NOT my intention. Any attempts to make a organized space faring military/civilian ship inevitably make me want to write the next line as "And then Warf beats the living shit out of X with his bat leth."
*sigh*
So i quickly abandoned any hope of writing that story this month. It's becoming terribly annoying to have to add up my word count every day. If i were smart, i would simply copy and paste the words from the first story onto the second and just not select that when updating my online backup copy. However if i were smart, i wouldn't be attempting this without a firm outline and detailed story/character plan either.

Another day lacking a decent night's sleep, 500 ish words till quota today, delicious tiramisu in my fridge, and Jury duty to look forward to starting on Monday. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>