Friday, December 12, 2008

This is what happens while my brain recovers from burnout...

I spend entirely too much time playing World of Warcraft, watching old movies, avoiding cleaning my very messy room without actually leaving it and apparently come up with another very likely novel idea.

*: I have achieved 4 whole levels in three days. For some this is like what happens in a single day, but that's saying a lot for me. I'm in love with Feline Form for my Tauren Druid. Between Swipe, Claw and Rake....i'm causeing nearly as much damage as the warrior of our party. Still need to learn how to manuver better...i don't know if my computer pseudo laggs or if it's my mouse or just my hand but all of my movement is jerky and disjointed making it difficult for me to manuver. On the plus side, i got a wireless keyboard and mouse...making my WoW obesssion (thanks alot Becca) all the more easy for me to live with.

**:When i was little, my Great Aunt and my Grandma used to come out and stay with us for the summer. I have a lot of good memories of them which slowly started to turn sad as they lost their memories and grew harsh and suspicious. But they did provide me with a great knowledge that i probably never would have come by otherwise....since it was summer and they had control of the TV, i was in charge of putting in all the old movies my mom could find. Things like "The Bells of St. Mary's, the African Queen, Shirley Temple movies, The King and I,...." I got to fall in love with characters when movies were still new. I forgot how much i used to enjoy the raw emotion, and dramatic facial expressions that have all but dissapeared in many of today's films, favored for slap stick humor. A story could be told without words back then... So thanks to Comcast.....i get to relive so many of my childhood favorites.

***: My room is a mess again....I haven't hung up my book shelf. so all my books are in the laundry basket still which means dirty clothes are on the floor. And breaking down the box for my tv meant all the styraphome is still around my room.

****: And yes, somehow my brain has not let go of NaNo. The wheels are still turning. Reading an artical about the odds of their being life beyond Earth, got me thinking. What happens after first contact? Who directs the relationship, how does the mutual learning develop. All these thoughts and all of a sudden i have the basis for another story. >_< no no no! brain stop doing this...i need to finish my current story! oh hell. Maybe i'll write this story instead of script frenzy in April...cause i don't think it can wait until November...

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>