Sunday, October 26, 2008

And people wonder

I had someone ask me a while back why i'm so guarded.
Meet my family i said.
They said that wasn't a reason.
I walked away after that.
I"ve told and shown the people that mattered what my family is like. They are aware.

All i can say about the most recent incident is that apparently even my father doesn't believe in family first when it comes to me. And he is unbelieveably hurtful without remorse. Even my sister spoke up and he still refused to appologize.

Most families are not like mine. Most are happier, more love is shown, there's more laughter and much less stress. I wish longingly for all these things. I wish the people i know who have them would appreciate them more. So comming from someone who leaves her lifelong home every time in tears feeling absolutly awful about herself, please remember:
If your family tells you, shows you, that they love you, despite their quirks on a frequent basis....remember to cherish them. If they give you everything you need, thank them. If they always do their best to do the right thing even if they end up making mistakes....remember they are human too.

I envy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>