Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This morning i stood at the edge of the world

One of the most difficult things to get used to at my job was the lack of windows. The building is basically a concrete hollow cube. The only windows are on the complete opposite side of the building from me and are part of manager's offices who shut their doors often.

I don't know if i should be upset that i indeed have gotten used to not seeing daylight for 10 hours a day (unless i leave for lunch). But something that i have noticed is that I've found a new appreciation for certain things like the rare moments when both those doors are open and my job permits me to walk by at coinciding moments.

This morning bright and early, the valley that those windows face was filled to the brim with thick fluffy fog and the sun shone brilliantly as it rose just barely above the horizon of the cloud sea. There seemed to be no end to the clouds and if i didn't know there was another mound of earth a mere half mile away, i could have been standing on the edge of the world. Everything glowed in glittering yellow as the sun demanded a moment of my time so that i might admire the beauty it had displayed for me to see.

And, standing in a office with a floor to ceiling window with no one around, i took that moment in and stole a second one just for good measure. I tried to take a picture, but it couldn't capture the incredible essence of sheer magnificent beauty that i saw.

I wished to share the beauty of that moment with anyone, but unfortunately the Droid2 was too full to capture that picture. And by the time i noticed and made room, it was too late to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>