Wednesday, January 5, 2011

After 1 month with the Droid 2

It's been a month since i got my droid and here's how it's holding up. These are my findings. No incentives or perks for this review.

Battery:
  • I went on amazon and bought myself some extra chargers. I believe i paid about 10$ for an extra wall charger, a media cable, and a car charger combined. That has made my life so much easier.
  • My blonde roots must be showing because it wasn't until about a three days ago, that i figured out the media stand has a removable insert which allows the phone to sit and be charged WITH the back part of the case on. In my defense, the insert and the stand itself have the exact same finish so it wasn't easy to see that it was a different part.
  • Still not having any trouble with the charge. I've even managed to go 2 days without charging it, granted it had minimal use (maybe 10 texts and a 2 minute phone call)
Aps:
  • I've found several more useful aps:
  • Amazon, weather bug, amazon Kindle, Blockbuster, IMDB, Bump, sticky notes, Droid Light, Fandango, One bus away, calculator, stopwatch/timer/alarm,
  • And a bunch more time consuming games:
  • Angry birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Labyrinth, Classic Tetris, Connect 4, Finger bowling, Hangman, Live hold-em, Mahjong, Mole!Mole!Mole! (infuriating whack-a- mole game), Paper-toss, Penguin, Pinball, and Blackjack
  • Oh yeah, and i beat Angry Birds
  • Annnnddd...i'm becoming obsessed with interactive live wallpapers. My favorite right now channels my Trekie: space starfield with warp speed capabilities (the stars come at you)
Camera/Camcorder:
I love having it at the ready. While it doesn't take as good of pictures as my regular camera, it's come in handy multiple times. Since my sister is doing a remodel and could get samples of everything, i used the camera to take pictures and record details like price and color names then emailed them straight to her so she could compare on her own time. It also came in handy in capturing my dad when he had his bluff called and to send off some interesting pictures to the rest of the family.

Connectivity/Signal
  • My buddy with an iPhone has been trying to tell me how much more signal the iPhone gets than a Droid. However, every time we have been in his apartment, let alone a parking garage, elevator and even out and about...I have signal, and he doesn't. Indeed the only place i have completely lost signal was on the 4th parking level (underground) in Bellevue. Not that i expected to have any, but that was the only time my phone has beeped at me to tell me it can't find signal.
  • The internet at the ready has been awesome. And yes, i was able to be on the phone and look up directions at the same time. That was just really cool.
Accessories/Other:
  • I was immensely displeased that the cover i spent 20$ on from the Verizon store broke the same week. I tried everything to get it to stick on properly rather than go spend 20$ again. from rolled up tape, to carefully wrapped tape, to rubber cement! Nothing worked.
  • Thankfully, i found a similar (higher rated) case on Amazon and so far have not had a single problem with it in two weeks. I bought an extra one just in case. I think the total, plus more screen protectors came to 8$. MUCH cheaper!.
  • I've been considering getting a car mount, though the New-Yorker in me keeps trying to remind me that it's something Car-thieves look for. But I've needed the navigator application more than once.
  • Currently, I've been sticking the phone up through the back side of my visor to hold it where i can see it without taking my eyes off the road to look down. Not a bad solution, but not very safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>