Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good grief, what a whirlwind

So many things to update. Be prepared for a long post.

Biggest update; I'M MOVED IN!!! to the most gorgeous apartment ever with a hands down awesome roommate who sings in the car with me! It can't get better than this! Down to folding residual laundry and going through papers and I'll have my life back. Now if only i could get Auto-piolet to turn off when going home from work....

Also; my aunt is in town from New York this week with my cousin Mikey, so it's been a insane roller coaster ride of food, walking around, shopping, and more commonly yelling, squabbling, and accents so thick, sometimes you can't understand them. We totally seem like the dysfunctional east coast family but we're as thick as thieves and i love it.
We've done tours of downtown Seattle, predominantly Pike Place Market. She loves the vendors and all the interesting things to see. We all ended up with a bunch of interesting knick knacks. After that it was marathon shopping. My feet were singing a unhappy tune by the end of the day. My aunt and sister think i'm the odd one because I ended up buying one shirt throughout the whole day.
And no matter what else happens that day, I love hearing my aunt squak when I grab the check out of her hands for dinner and grin at her no matter how much she protests. She hasn't quite gotten the point that I'm not going to let her pay while she's on vacation.

One of the best parts about Aunt Maria coming into town, is that my work-aholic dad is all but forced to stop working at the island and we're all able to actually enjoy it for an entire day. I invited Kelsie down on Sunday for the BBQ and we spent the greater majority of it in the water. I raise my glass to itallian blood which doesn't let me burn in the sunlight. And to STILL being the only person who hasn't been knocked off of the inner-tube with our boat despite the newer and much more powerful motor.

Katherine, the incessent sore in my side, will soon be gone. I discovered that it doesn't appear that i paid a deposit when i moved in. So i went and did nothing more than a courtesy cleaning and left. I wiped down everything and vacuumed. That was it. Today, i gathered the last bit of my mail, put a vacant notice in the mailbox, turned in my keys and last little bit of rent that I owe. I'm done with that place. The only interaction remaining with Katherine and I is signing the deposit refund (if there even is one since i didn't bother to patch the tiny holes i did make) and sending it off her way.
Before you get your panties in a twist over that, let me explain something real quick that i learned. Katherine and her first roommate at this place, went in half-sies on the 400 deposit. When the first roommate left, she never got the deposit back. And the second roommate and myself never paid one. So no matter what, Katherine is getting back more money that she put in. So if there's some deductions, i want them to be out of that extra she's trying to get her greedy little hands on.

It's been a hard lesson to learn this past year. And i'm not so naieve as to think it's one i'll never have to experiance again.

Katherine's actions truely have had serious effect on me, my spirit, and my bank account over the last 8 months. I've had a stress knot on my shoulder, i've cried more often than ever before and i was forced to dip into my savings thanks to her. I spend hours going back and forth about wanting to write her a letter and enclose it with the final deposit check detailing her infractions, and letting her know once and for all exactly what i think of her.
As always, my two sides are making very good arguments:
  • I need closure
  • It's not worth my time and effort
  • She's so naieve that maybe it's high time someone told her off
  • Who cares? she's not my problem anymore
  • I don't want her thinking that we're still friends or even friendly
  • You can also just block her emails and phone calls
  • I need to vent off all this frustration on the right target
  • Never put anything in writing that which you wouldn't let Grandma read
  • All my younger friends seem to think this is a good idea
  • All my older friends/mentors don't think this is a good idea.
  • I hate her
  • Emotion has no place in a business relationship.
I still don't know what i'm going to do at this point. At the very least i'm sure that a letter is going to get written. It's more of whether it goes in the mail or gets burned, that's in question now.

Other updates include:
  • Happy birthday to my friend Colin.
  • I need to stop burning the candle at both ends
  • Getting the internet to work at my new place should NOT be like pulling teeth
  • and I'm trying to plan on going to New York over laborday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>