Friday, August 28, 2009

The injured invalid update

As many of you have probably heard or gathered, I have a serious injury on my right hand. Turns out, serrated bread knives cut through meat as easily as their steak counterparts. lol.

To set the record straight as various exaggerations have come back to me:
  • No, i didn't cut my hand off entirely
  • No, none of my fingers were severed either
  • There is a deep laceration on the fatty part of my thumb where it joins back up with the rest of the hand
  • No, i didn't sever the tendon and still have use and feeling in my thumb
  • No, i'm not going to post pictures.
  • Yes, it really really still hurts and is healing slowly.
  • I'm expecting to get the stitches out next wed/thurs
  • I'll probably have the bandages on for a couple weeks after that.

Typing is rather uncomfortable for me so I've been building this entry over several days.

The trip to New York is off in lieu of medical bills much to my disappointment. However when you're bleeding like i was, not getting to the ER is a less than brilliant idea. And medical costs are out of control even if you're lucky enough to have insurance. So looks like New York will have to wait....again.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to my former neighbor Mike for dropping everything and taking me. And to those who have come or called daily to see how i'm doing. No worries...i'll be back to my usual self soon.

Oh...and Vicodin ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>