Friday, August 14, 2009

When the girly bug bites

I grew up around all boys. I played GI Joe, not dress up. I made forts, not something in an EZbake. I played in the mud and dirt, not house. My barbies were Amazons, not Princesses.

No one would ever have described my childhood self as "Girly". When i grew up, I wanted to be strong, independent, and well....lets face it....not entirely grown up.
From Girls with Slingshots, webcomic

However, I learned that A) I feel exactly like the last panel in that comic now and B) it's tough to deny certain impulses.

90% of the time, I can walk through an entire store and not buy a single thing. My wardrobe is modest but still assorted. And most of the assorted-ness comes from what i call "Girly Bug Bites"

It's a brief shopaholic impulse that consumes me to the point where everything is pretty and i simply must have it! Usually only lasts a day or so, but i have been known to drop a couple hundred dollars in that time. That amount usually involves knee high black leather boots. My one true weakness....
Thankfully, my tight-pursed nature usually prevents me from buying things which are exorbitantly priced, or things that i would never actually wear. And even more thankfully...they only bite about 3 to 5 times a year.

At this time; my reaction to a Girly Bug bite is in full effect. Watch out stores.

In other news: I have a puppy for the next week. Prepare for massive puppy picture overload in my next post or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>