Monday, August 10, 2009

She squeaks and squaks

My Aunt Maria comes out to Seattle for an annual vacation to escape the searing temperatures of New York in the summer time. It's an adventure both she and my cousin Mikey look avidly forward to all year long.
Mikey is retarded in the traditional sense. He's basically a 7 year old trapped in a 33 year old body. He lives for food, (decaf) coffee and attention from those he loves even if it's as simple as holding his hand for a few seconds. He adores my dad to the point of completely ignoring his guardian Aunt Maria and has been known to spontaneously burst into ruckus dance and off-key singing. His favorite line is "Flip a U-ie!!!" and "Shake your booty".
My Aunt comes here for the Island. Plain and simple. Sure she gets to go shopping with my shop-aholic sister and go sight-seeing with my mother...but her single goal every year is to make it to the island and go swimming and boating.
Now, my aunt is not the adventurous type; thrill seeking is never on her agenda. She stays firmly on the ground while the kids go on the roller coaster.
So i was surprised when she asked me to take her for a ride in the Bayliner. Now, the bayliner has a new, and much to my pleasure, powerful engine. And I'm the kind of person who at 23, is the first one on the roller coaster, and last one off.
Natrually, since I'm the driver, i might have pushed the speed-limit...just a bit.

Ok, maybe a lot

Ok, maybe i should have gotten ticketed.

Maybe there are still claw marks in the boat from where Aunt Maria was hanging on for dear life as she screamed with every single little wave bump.

It's ok, she was still grinning when we docked. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>