Monday, July 6, 2009

Update: Living situation

Since...oh about FEBRUARY!!!!!! I have spent the great majority of my posts on rants about my "ex"-roommate and pleading that something will finally fall into place so I don't have to deal with this anymore.
Well, finally something has finally gone right and i feel better about this update than I have about any others before.
I posted an Ad for myself on Craigslist, hoping to find someone else who was looking for a roommate to go find a new place together. Mostly to avoid the "Seniority Mentality" that i ran into with Katherine.
All too soon, the responses started rolling in. There were several jewels this time, people and places that seemed too good to be true, until i found out the catches. (300$ worth of utilities? I don't think so!) and of course the people who can barely speak English, let alone type coherent emails.

But one stuck out most of all. Basically what caught my attention was the fact that she was exceedingly specific but somehow managed to make it seem like she was still a human being. So we began the obligatory talks and next thing i know, I'm sitting across from a blond mirror of myself. Friendly, talkative, but still mature and responsible. 3 hours later I finally managed to leave and for the first time felt like i had a form of kinship with her.
We have had almost the exact same scenario play out. The roommates lost their jobs, wouldn't look too hard to get a job, ONLY wanted to be a nanny, were lazy and we basically had to force them to continue to pay rent, and finally just disappeared back to their parent's home without so much as a goodbye.
And if anything, our experiences have made sure we know to cover our butts for the future. What i really like about her is that when i start talking contracts...she doesn't take it as a personal attack, but more like a good idea in that we don't really know each other and until we do, it best to treat this like a business arrangement.
I have accepted, and she has agreed. We are meeting again on thursday to discuss specifics.

On the plus side of this:
  • at this rent rate, it means i can still take a trip to New York AND afford my new and much needed laptop!
  • All stainless in the kitchen *drool*
  • Still in Redmond near enough to work and friends, instead of way the bloody hell out in Kirkland
  • Washer and dryer *jumping for joy*
  • and i can walk through my closet to my bathroom and the bathroom is HUGE!
  • And last but not least, i can start to move in right away.

My one unfortunate circumstance is that my couch would need to go into storage. My wonderful, comfortable, Red Couch of Awesomeness.

Oh and that next I get to negotiate the return deposit amount with Katherine. Fun times *sarcasm*

*raises water bottle* Here's to moving pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>