Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh, guess what...more roommate searching

Yup, it's that time again...just when i had started getting comfortable again...the need to find a roommate comes up again.
I'm exhausted mentally and emotionally. I really just want the situation figured out and to not change.
I know that the only way to do that is to depend on myself alone.
Yet i have yet to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, or the hand of Midas. Better know as, I'm a low income twenty-something that has to make compromises in a city where you need moderately-high income to live comfortably.
So back to the roommate search....again.
I've been looking for a roommate steadily since December! the first time Katherine threw the "I'm moving out and you have to find someone to replace me" nonsense in my face.
Of the 47 people i've physically interviewed, there's still only 1 that i truely wish things had worked out.
Maybe i'm picky....maybe i just don't want to take chances, maybe i put off a vibe that makes people uneasy. I don't know....but all i've found is people who there is no way in hell i would live with willingly.
How has this become the norm for late teenagers and early 20 somethings?
To brag about your illegal behavior to a complete stranger then expect them to not turn you in
To not even fully read the post people take the time to write and ask questions to which the answers have already been given.
To show up 3 hours late and demand to be given an audiance anyway
To show up drunk and high
To lewdly make suggestions to your potential roommate thinking she'll just fall for you and let you move in free of rent

Seriously...all of these I have experianced. I've been shaking my head vigorously for 7 months. It's gone beyond frustrating to downright draining.

While i'm sorry for Katherine that things haven't worked out according to plan and she's been stuck with the apartment, i can't bring myself to feel any kind of remorse that i didn't accept the first person who wanted to move in to get her off the lease. I had to watch out for myself.
Business is business.

Here's to the hopes that something will start to go right soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>