Monday, June 15, 2009

A pet peeve

I took a weekend to think about this before i wrote it. I'm still pissed off. I tried to call and talk to the person involved and she knows who she is. I never got a response. Maybe she's busy, maybe she's avoiding me. I don't know which. But here's my side of the story.

Here's one thing i really hate. It's a trend. When a female friend goes to leave my life, for marriage, or to fulfill her dreams somewhere else where it's obvious it would be a long distance friendship; I suddenly turn into the bad guy. Or rather, that's how they start perceiving me.

No matter how nice i try to be, how supportive, how understanding...they suddenly start taking everything i say as snide, vindictive, rude, or intentionally mean. I can joke just like i normally would and other people who know of the situation will agree what i said wasn't that bad...but I'm suddenly the bad guy...and there seems to be nothing i can do about it. I get passive agressive, formally and publicly berated just because they have a stick shoved up their butt from stress or whatever.

You know what

I'm done. This is the second time it's happened this year. I'm tired of fighting to keep friendships.

You want out of this friendship so badly that you forget how supportive I've been, how many times I've told you "i believe you can do it", and encouraged you; Go. What i said wasn't mean. I was joking and you know it. You know it because you're probably one of the cleanest, most innocent girls i know. It's like Santa Claus wearing pink polka dots. It doesn't fit so it's funny. Others agreed. You know it cause you've known me since junior high. And if by now you can't tell when I'm joking? You're about as dense as lead.

So i hope it's just stress and other things going on and that eventually we can laugh and put this behind us. But next time you jump down my throat over something as stupid as that?! I'm gonna yank that stuck up your butt out and beat you over the head with it. Not appologize.

And if this is it? Goodbye and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>