Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Preemptive

This time last year my life was in a whirlwind. I was preparing for graduation, for moving out, for a million things. I was having panic attacks and crying a lot. I was terrified of life outside of the familiar cushioned existence in my parent's house. But I knew i would have to eventually stand on my own two feet. I gave myself a year to prove that I could survive on my own. This meant no help from my parents, my sister, my friends, or any potential boyfriends (which later i decided was too much to deal with and scratched that off my list for this year). I wanted to prove to myself. Call it selfish, call it silly...but it was something i needed to do.

A year later:
I have successfully lived on my own for just short of a year now.
This includes dealing with 4 separate living crisis, even preparing to go to court and not being manipulated by a more experienced tenant.
I researched, searched, found and bought my own first car and she's a beaut
I've survived multiple layoffs by proving I'm a valuable asset to my team
I haven't needed financial support from anyone.
I even dealt with a medical emergency
And most importantly; I've made 9 personal dreams come true.

Quite a successful year in my eyes.
And i'm determined that next year is going to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>