Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Stretch

Rounding third base, and coming in for the home stretch. Mark, get your mind out of the gutter.

I'm down to approximately one more car load (my car, little economy Ford Focus (not Fuckus Brittany *glare*)) and then a moving party with my dad's big ole van which we'll move my bed, dresser and other such big things. That's scheduled for Friday which is pretty much the coolest day this week. And i really want to get it done before the weekend which is projected to be 95 degrees. Moving that heavy stuff in that kind of heat? Um...no thank you!

I've been weighing the pros and cons of moving over a larger period of time or in a single day like i did last time. Wondering if I'm stressing myself out more by having my things in boxes for longer periods of time, or inducing less stress because everything is organized, labeled, and there's no rushing necessary.

After contemplating this for a week....I still don't have an answer. Fact of the matter right now is that the end of july is freaking HOT and after working 10 hour days, I don't have the energy to go faster. If i needed to...i know i could make it happen. But since I don't....i'll take it easy.

My only goal is to be mostly moved in and unpacked by July 31st. That will take a great deal of stress off when my aunt and cousin get in from New York and spend a week and a half here. Beyond that....everything is just my dad's incredible icing on top of a already delicious cake.

Yet again...I hate TV dinners. to the point where I'm avoiding buying them in order to have an excuse to order in from places like Olive Garden. Let's see...dehydrated meat, lumpy sauces and under cooked pasta, or Olive Garden? hmmmm...tough choice.
Yes! I'm a food snob! Yes! I care about the quality of food i consume; the taste, texture, seasonings and the fact that it's uniformly warm! TV dinners are vile. Bearable, but still gross in my humble opinion. I can't wait to unpack my kitchen stuff and use those sexy stainless steal appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>