Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Way too much going on!

My days have been full of one moderate crisis after another for the last week.

I've foolishly let myself get my hopes up over three different potentail roommates only to have them say no when it comes down to it for reasons that have nothing to do with me or the apartment. There isn't much i can do there.

I've been dealing with the main office at my complex telling me one thing, then going back and changing their story. It got to one point where the only person i will deal with now is the assistant manager. And if she's not there, i'll find out when she will be and leave. Don't get me wrong, they're all very nice, but i wish they would learn the phrase "I don't know" instead of feeding me some "sort of right" answer that drastically changes the issue, and i have to scramble. Then after all the scramble is done, i find out that i didn't have to scramble at all.

Turns out i'm going to have to move after all, so now i have to pack up all my things and move them. Did i mention i'm on doctor's orders to not exercise specifically lifting things?!

I've decided i really want a top floor apartment for three main reasons: 1) No body peeking in or lights shining in at all hours of the night 2) second floor would be harder to break into and 3) No one above me in the middle of the night walking around or, good grief, a rhythmic squeak of a bed.

For those who haven't been able to see my Facebook status this week: Katherine is moving out. As in, according to her latest reports, she'll be moving her bed and personal stuff back to her parents house today. I expect most of her things to be gone by Friday.
On the bright side of this:
I get to live solo for 2 weeks!
I can do anything i want like run around dressed (or not) however i want!
I don't have to worry about being quiet in the morning because she'll be asleep till noon and crabby if i make noise.
I control the tv and the DVR
No more negitive energy! No more moping about, no more lumps on the couch (she has some of my sympathy, but when that's all you do all day long instead of being proactive, i don't have very much for you)
And i won't have to worry about her room being messy to show!

On the tarnished side of this:
I get lonely, and i wont' even have a cat to talk to.
.........yeah that's about it....and i have friends nearby....and a phone.

My thanks go out to Kenny, who has let me come and invade his place to stay away from my roommate. I think i make up for some of it for my sheer entertainment value, but it's nice to enjoy myself after a long day, not feel like I'm in someone's way all the time no matter where i am (even my own room).

And lets just avoid the subject of work and leave it at; I took friday off for my own personal sanity and the safety of everyone in my office.

On the plus side of my life right now:
I'm forcing myself to eat breakfast, odd when i haven't done so since junior high. And i must say, eating oatmeal every day for breakfast has had three major positive effects:
I don't feel hungry until right at lunchtime, I'm not muching, and i've lost over ten pounds since january first (i know i said i wasn't going to pick a number, but common, you start to notice after the first 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>