Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting by unscathed...by way of laughter

It seems like my life hits a lot of lows all at once. It likes giving me the finger like that.
No roommate for me yet. She backed out of the deal last minute (decided to try living on her own instead, so i can't blame her too much). And i'm back to the drawing board.
The worst part is: it's not even literal. I've been running around like crazy. Now I remember why i don't have time to draw like i used to. I'm too busy being an adult!
I believe in the philosophy that you get old because you stop laughing. Well, i guess it's true.
With all the stress i've been hit with the last few weeks, having a genuine chuckle at anything has been quite an ordeal.
This morning however, my own clumsiness finally caught up with me. By the time I was able to take a drink of my coffee, it had cooled to perfectly my body's temperature. I didn't feel it spill over the sides of my mouth and down into my shirt until the air had cooled at long about the time it hit my leg. Meanwhile i was concentrating on reading something and had zoned out so completely, that it took me a second to register back into the real world. At that point; half my coffee was down my shirt and in my lap.
My one stroke of luck though, was that i was wearing black. I couldn't help myself. I started cracking up. Co-workers called over the partitions and made sure i was ok. And soon i realized my shirt must have been protected with scotch guard or something cause it rolled right off and into my lap, the shirt barely gathering a dampness. Except now my cleavage smells like coffee. >.>
Ironically, it put me in the best mood i had been in all month. Having been bitten by a girly cootie yesterday, i went out and bought a purse (much needed considering my old one was 2 years and several re-stitchings old). And in said good mood, I went around to all the girly girls at my work and proptly shoved it at them (at a distance, not like it was touching their noses) proclaiming it to be pretty! My quirky happieness seemed to amuse them and they gave the pretty purse it's much needed appreciation. (You must appreciate the pretty red purse!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>