Sunday, January 4, 2009

So seriously...we have more snow.

After that 5 day long blizzard just before christmas, all of a sudden the forecast says it's going to get warmer with no chance of snow. Now we have 2+ inches here. -_-
At the rate we're going i might just have to miss work tomorrow. Oh darn. Extra days off thanks to snow closures.

This snow and how it basically makes me stuck in one place for extended periods of time has given me lots of time to think. With the new year it's a good time to look at resolutions and things that i want to change in my life.

This year is particurlarly special since it's the first year of my life where my parents have absolutly no say in my doings and preferences. I'm not the kind of kid that blames their parents for never having a life, but there are certain contributing factors to their rules and policies had a distinct impact.
Even at 21 i had a curfew of midnight (which i ignored).
The car that i used at the time was my parent's and they could say no to any excursions.
I had to come home every night or be at a female friend's place with parents home (no, i'm not kidding)

But now, all of that has gone away. My apartment, my car, my life. This is MY LIFE.
So before when i would have said no to a friend saying "let's go ut for drinks" or even a guy friend say, "hey, let's meet up!" I can say yes! I don't have to stay in my parent approved life circle.
So here is my resolution (not a goal) for 2009.

I resolve that in 2009, Iwill respond yes to any social opportunity that piques my interest. All my usual reason for saying no are void. I resolve to remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>