Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sooo if you feel like reading back to Dec 3rd....

There was a possibility of moving into a cubicle I've had my eye on since i took this job over a year ago.
Well Diana moved her cubicle, and she's ecstatic about her new office location. Her old desk is almost completely cleaned out.
So Monday morning, at my weekly meeting with my boss, i ask him what's going to happen with her old cubicle. (and yes, he knew a while ago i wanted to move in there...Diana and I had only mentioned it over the last 6 months since Cathy vacated Diana's new cubicle)
"They're going to break it up into cubicles" is his response (note the plural)
I looked at him dumbfounded unable to stop my mouth from saying "That makes no sense what-so-ever"
Thankfully, my easy-going boss just shrugged overlooking my retort. "that's the last i heard when they were moving the people to the new building" (a building move that has nearly NO connection to this desk area. No one was moving into our area from that move, trust me, i checked)

Here they are going on and on about budget cuts and they want to spend the money to have it converted into 2 cubicles for 2 extra people we don't have and aren't' looking to hire any time soon. Hell, i can move myself! The only thing they would need to do would be to move my computer because the IT department doesn't trust anyone. (understandable for some, but not me. I know my way around the computers)
My entire team is rooting for me to move over there. "that makes sense" they say. So there's no resentment from the team about me getting a bigger cubicle than the rest of them, because my cubical is a service station anyway. If he moved any team member in there, there would be, i'm sure of it.

Once i got the initial shock of the ridiculous proposal out of my system, and got back into my work mode, I let my boss know that I was very interested in that cubicle just the way it was now and that i would appreciate him looking into that as a possibility.

Now all i can do is hope and keep my fingers crossed that they pull their heads out of their hypocritical asses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>