Saturday, January 10, 2009

My generation's idea of dating

Clearly, somewhere between the X, Y and all those other generations, something has gotten sorely lost. Like the brains of people once they agree to date. I have officially decided, that romance in my area code, is dead beyond resurecting. I haven't seen nor heard of a date that actually involved effort in at least 6 months.

To be clear, this isn't meant to be a guy bashing post, however unfortunatly, i have experianced my first BAD date. And it was so bad, that i felt a need to talk about it.

Over a girl date of italian food and wine, I spilled my horrified feelings about my date.

To sum up: i knew it was bad the second i saw him. His hair was the kind of dirty blonde that shows oily hair very well. He clearly hadn't showered. And since he clearly hadn't showered, why would he have bothered to shave. Even if he had wanted to keep the beard of probably about a week and a half, wouldn't someone who cared about the date at least clean it up a little bit? Oh yeah, did i mention he wore sweats?

So to make me feel better, my friend decided to tell me about her worst date experiance ever. And this is the kind of stuff you can't make up. Her worst date ever kicks my date's ass.
The lowest of lowlights of her's were:
-He told her that he didn't like the word "No" comming out of her mouth
-The sci fi section (my friend is a star wars fan) was stupid and he was irritated that she wanted to go through it
-Said he wanted to "share her with his best friend"
-Told her that she needed to keep her "WooHoo" clean (his words exactly)
-Showed her where a wart had been on his fungus infected feet pulling apart the toes and everything. (Can you say Eww?)
-Then he kissed his fingers and touched them to her lips...the same fingers he had just used to pull his toes apart without washing them. (I'm not a germaphobe and even i'm cringing)

I have to admit...that the story cheered me up immensly. That and getting hit on by a 22 year old telemarketer from the opposite coast. :)

I really want to know what has happened to brains of people looking to go out on a date. Yes this post focuses on the shortcommings in the man department, but i'm sure that women do nearly as many unbelieveably retarded actions. Perhaps some may see me as overly critical about this, but REALLY? What has happened? How did a generation of people get to the point where taking a shower is too much effort to put into a date or showing warts is a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>