Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting my kicks while i'm young enough to get 'em

This will probably be one of my more cryptic posts.
I left the tv on while i did laundry and cleaned my appartment not really paying attention to it. Before long the movie I had been watching, gave way to Greese, the classic musical.
One part of the movie caught my attention. Rizzo, upon discovering that the guys are calling to them, climbs down the trellis to join them saying in her defense to the other girls; "gonna get my kicks while i'm still young enough to get them"
It reminded me that life is so short. Shorter still for others who really deserve to have longer lives but are cut off by disease, violence, or accidents. And those who are lucky enough to survive longer, often look back on their lives and wonder what could have happend?
Why is it so hard, to just enjoy life, all by it's pretty little self, anymore?

I found this quote several years ago, and it seems to make more sense now, than ever before.

When I let go of what I am, I become what I may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>