Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sending my roommate into fits of giggles

So, just in time for Nano to really rev up in November, my computer chair broke . The little nob that screws in and keeps the back pushed in, literally snapped in half. What i had assumed to be metal and all. So i tried just keeping it pushed in and barely resting against it. It worked well for a while, but every now and then, it would suddenly shift and drop out from behind me, usually making me make some kind of noise in suprise.
Well, when the parentals asked what i wanted for christmas, I asked for a new chair...one with arms. Of all the things on my christmas list....that was the only thing i got and i was MORE than satisfied with it even before it came out of the box. Mostly because the old one almost took several assisted flying leaps off of our balcony between November and last Tuesday.
So i spend Wednesday evening putting the contraption together, subbornly refusing to look at the directions. Finally after an hour and a half, it was all together.
I set it up on it's wheels and proplty placed my bottom on the seat only to realize the seat was fricken rock hard! We're talking feels like a folding metal chair with a quarter inch of padding and nothing else! I complained to my roommate and she agreed that it looked like a hard seat. I read the front of the box and figure they couldn't sell a computer chair this hard, so it must need to break in. So i went in my room and sat in it for an hour or so determined that if my butt got uncomforatable, it was going back in the box.
Much to my suprise, it appears that as your butt generates heat, the leather seat becomes more plyable and you sink in mildly, making it very comfortable.
Going out to fill a glass of water before i went to bed, i updated my roommate on the status of the new chair.
"I guess as your butt generates heat, it gets softer."
"oh great" she replies.
And the thought bursts into my head unbidden and unstoppable.
"Yeah, Go Go Gaget Butt Warmer!"
"Oh my god....you didn't just do that"
"oh why yes i did" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>