Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A square table has 4 legs

I absolutely love the smell of sawdust. I can smell it from far away and am drawn to it. I feel a sense of wonder and excitement when it hits me. I'm magically transported back to standing on the other side of the table saw ready to grab the ends as my dad pushed them through while sawdust fills my nose.

Woodworking is a skill all of my siblings and myself have. My sister has the patience to carefully remove and sand every inch of a piece to refinish it. My oldest brother has the perfectionist who will make sure everything is square and fits perfectly before saying it's done. My other brother knows how to make the sturdy structures. And I am the designer. I see a problem and figure out what would be perfect to fix or help it. That and my pieces look delicate and beautiful.

My end tables are no exception. They will fit custom measurements, the drawers already have a purpose, and the legs will detach so that when i move in the future, it will make life easier.

Except for the fact that i can't seem to get my hands on the brackets for detachable legs! I found them. In two local stores none the less. However, both stores have quantities that don't work for me.

Store #1 has them sold individually. They have a total of three brackets. And since these brackets are designed for 90 degree corners.....what would be the point of having three brackets when square/rectangular tables have four legs!?

Store # 2 thankfully made a bit more sense. They had them packaged in groups of four. But they only had one in stock and no plans to order more in the near future. Is it a sin to build matching tables?

Finally I've located them, they have the right quantity and they'll hold them until i get there.

45 minutes away....and it's rush hour. And they close at 6........crud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>