Monday, March 14, 2011

Someday...

We all have dreams about our future life, things we want to own or do...


There's most often no real "plan" to get there, but there are small highlights that are incredibly impractical, but you'd love to have anyway. For some, it's a boat, or a house with a pool, or as silly as a entire room filled with play pen balls (minus unpleasant surprises). 


For me, I've always wanted a fiber optic star ceiling that twinkles. I'm not talking a random pattern...no, i'm talking a near-perfect replica of the nigh sky. Milky way and all. I don't care if it's in a home theater, a children's room, or above my own bed. I want one. 


So what's stopping me? Oh yeah, i'm a 20 something with a limited income and a rented apartment. So no customizing the ceiling allowed. 


That, and i'm not very good at small electrical. Give me a 220 cable, a drill and a pair of pliers (amongst other things of course) and i can wire up a kitchen. Wiring a new light fixture in a house...no problem. But building a small light source....is not my forte. I've lit a couple things on fire from light sources before. 


I find these DIY walkthroughs (through Boyfriend Jon's favorite: Lifehacker) and think to myself "I could totally take the time to poke through that many fibers", or "I would use this other material for that part to make it easier". But then i get to the part where you have to wire up the light source and i have to stop. I avoid projects like these. It just doesn't come naturally to me. 


Doesn't mean it curbs my yearning. I look at this and dream of what will someday be if i have my druthers:



No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>