Thursday, March 24, 2011

Renewal

     I got a callback from a different leasing manager on Monday and they confirmed $75 raise was the lowest they could go. Sigh.  
     
     Kind of handy i found out what my annual raise will be, isn't it?  
     
     I CAN STAY! I CAN STAY! I CAN STAY!  
     
     I'm not moving! For absolutely sure! For the first time since I moved out, this is 100% my choice. I don't have to pack everything up and move it because my roommate made other plans. I don't have to tiptoe around a snarky person who is fed up with me for reasons i can't understand. I don't have to keep an eye on my stuff and i don't have to patch up holes or paint over scrapes in the wall that were not of my making.  
     
     This will also be the first time I've stayed in one place for more than a year since moving out of my parent's house. I can already feel the tension that has been building in my shoulders starting to drain. I didn't end up getting a better rate, but i feel better for trying since i didn't have anything to lose. And, with my renewal, i get a free accent wall painted by the company as way of thanking me for staying on. Which now that i think about it, kind of sucks for the maintenance crew.  
     
     Now it is definitely a good time to start doing some easter eggs.....and bothering my dad to bring back the nail guns so i can get back to work on my end tables which have been sitting for almost a month. Gotta add that to my to-do list.  
     
     I stole some mason jars from my parent's place and made up the dyes for the eggs. 
 This is the last step i needed to get started, everything else, is just letting the Kistka decide what my pattern will be. I always start out with these designs, and then something will happen: A drop of wax will fall on the wrong place on the egg. Or the Kistka will build up too much beeswax on the outside and it will smear when i touch it to the egg. All sorts of things have gone wrong in the past. Secretly, its one of my favorite things when something goes wrong with the design, and i have to go with it and come out with something entirely different. This is ideal when it happens near the beginning. However a few eggs have been trashed by such an accident near the end.  
     
     I have a design in my head that has been bouncing around and changing as i try to find better ways to do it and new methods that might work.  
     
     If Boyfriend Jon works late tonight, I might just get started with a couple eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>