Thursday, March 10, 2011

I think I'm done with Winter

Kaylee from Firefly
I'm craving fresh summer strawberries from my mother's garden. Reading a book on a blanket surrounded by bright grass which i can stick my bare feet in. Warm sunlight filtering down through cherry trees. 


That's the fantasy that's been going through my mind for four days straight. It's the little oasis that i drift off to while looking at my computer screen while my hands mechanically move without my thoughts behind them. 


I put on a pale yellow t-shirt today in hopes the weather would take the hint and show some sunshine. There's just a few problems with this. It's winter. Still. And i'm getting the feeling it will never end. Outside it's dreary, wet, windy and cold. The cherry blossoms are only beginning to bud and the sky is a murky grey. That may be why i keep escaping mentally. 


Sunflowers and Daisies
It's pretty much official at this point that I've killed my house plant. I think that might be the first living thing I've managed to kill despite trying to keep it alive. It's not from over or under watering. It's from the lack of light in my apartment. There's only a few hours worth of sunlight (when there is any) and i tend to keep my blinds closed to keep people or the swamp monster from looking in. It's so frustrating to have a green thumb and no way to plant anything. Maybe that's why i'm craving warmer temperatures; so i can plant outside! Till then, I might have to resort to fake plants just so i can have some life in my apartment.


I have so many plans this year but most of them have the inherent requirement of sunshine. Common sunshine! My tank tops are calling. Let's have and El Nino summer!.....sooner rather than later would be good. 

The end tables are at a standstill since dad decided that it required all five air nailer guns to put in molding at my sister's place. Never mind that putting the molding in is at a standstill because she has to order a new bay window so the granite will fit. It's frustrating to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>