Friday, April 15, 2011

w00t! Friday

Today is the beginning of a jam packed weekend. Thank god my work schedule lets me off at noon today. I don't think i could get it all done in just two days. I need that extra half day.

First plan of order is to get a handle on my extremely cluttered apartment. It's gone to seed for about a month. So, the minute i get home, i'm going to attack. probably starting in the bathroom cause it's been left the longest. 

After that, i'll move onto the living room and clean up the Ukrainian easter egg supplies. Two years ago, I apparently decided it would be fun to slice into my hand with a serrated bread knife. Turns out, that was not very fun, and it has lasting effects. Half of my thumb is still numb and it starts to hurt when gripping things like a stylus even after just a few seconds. So trying to do Ukrainian easter eggs has been harder this year than i ever remember. Where i usually whip out 20, I've only completed one. So i think it will be a good idea to at least clean up the supplies even if I don't put them into storage. It would be nice to have my coffee table back. 

The other plan for today is to switch out summer and winter clothes. I have two of those big blue rubber maid bins that are sitting mostly empty taking up space in my storage locker. If i stuff the clothes in big plastic garbage bags first, that ought to protect them from the environment over the summer. 

Beyond that, it will be whatever i can get done before meeting up with Lindsey. She has need of some of my tools and assistance using them. Her cat Ray is getting a cat tree....that's 9 feet tall. And her ceilings are only 8 feet. So we're going to cut it down with my hack saw. 

When i was helping Lindsey paint her apartment two weeks ago...i went to refill the tray from the 5 gallon tub she decided to buy even though she had trouble lifting it. I had just gotten the lid off when all of a sudden, something brushed up against my leg. I let out a yelp and spun to see this pretty orange cat looking as surprised as i was. The cat had no collar and had several mats in its fur before Lindsey went all Sweeney Todd on the poor cat. But it didn't look like it's a stray. Given it's sweet demeanor and orange color, I named it Pumpkin. Lindsey lets Pumpkin into her apartment occasionally, and so far poor Ray is so confused but at least they're not aggressive with each other. Pumpkin goes crazy on Ray's catnip scratcher as Ray looks on woefully as if saying "But but but....that's mine!"

Also on the docket for this weekend is a Filk concert. Filk is a combination of Folkmusic, Fantasy themes, and Celtic style music. The group we're going to see is Vixy and Tony and they've got some amazing songs including....the theme song from Firefly! So excited!

Oh yeah, and at some point i'll get more work done on my tables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>