Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Warm season hair removal - Results Take 2

There were enough results last time I tried Sugar Waxing for me to decide to try again. I was certain that the problems i ran into were due to the mixture not being reduced enough. Here are my second set of results.

 This time, i cooked the mixture until it was the color of molasses and let it cool in wide shallow bowls. Even at room temperature, i had difficulty separating a gumball size amount. But warming it in the microwave for 10 seconds helped. I tried using gloves but they just got torn up so i wouldn't bother with those again.

But the Sugaring Paste....WORKED! i was so surprised. The only way this could be better would be if i could bend like a cat or if it didn't hurt. The most painful area ended up being my ankles and i had difficulty doing the back of my legs, but it was still about 90% effective. The pain was very bearable. Less painful than snapping yourself with a rubber band (average strength). I personally feel the pain level was worth the results.

I used about 1/3rd of the mixture, and took off the hair from the tops of my knees to my ankles. I can tell there are some areas where the hair seems to have broken off and not pulled out but those are relatively minimal and it's probably areas where i had trouble getting a good flick angle.

The biggest difference between this and shaving is that it took me almost two hours to do my lower legs. I imagine that this will get easier and faster over time, but still, it was time consuming. However, five days later, when i would normally have to shave again, i'm still shorts or skirt ready.

I was so thrilled with the results, that i decided i would give my armpits a go also. For any guys reading this: I know it's not sexy to admit that women have armpit hair, but we do and I hate it! If it were cheap to get the hair follicles zapped to never grow back, it'd probably be the first patch of hair to go.

I originally thought the ankles were the worst. Nope, the pits are. This is an area where i doubted if the pain would be worth the results. Yes, there is a past tense on that doubt. In all the years I've been shaving...i have never had pits this smooth. You know those commercials where they say "Raise your hand if you're Sure" I'm that confident. Even five days later...i still have perfect armpits.

Overall, it's a viable means of being summer wear ready. I haven't decided if i'm going to give up my razor for good, but i will be doing so for summer at least.

I also think this is more of a two person operation because pulling it off yourself is tricky and takes some nerve. Also, some areas....well, most ladies haven't mastered contortionist moves. Having a friend to help would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>