Monday, August 4, 2008

I haz an Appartment

Well, after spending 3 years in college, i decided: TIME TO MOVE OUT of the parental's house.
Found a roommate on craigslist whom i should have met at some point but didn't. (our mom's were good friends and co-workers)
Moved in this weekend in all of 3 hours including taking people to ice cream to thank them for helping...ahem Colin....
So. My own apartment, rules, hours, music and TV channel choices....should be great right?
Yeah, one day for the honeymoon to be over.
1) put a washcloth (approx 8"x8") on a towel rack...the whole rack fell off the wall. Screwed in to just drywall expecting it to hold -_- morons. easily fixed with a set of mollies and a screwdriver
2) The previous roommate was a fan of PETA, and there are stickers stuck to the mirrors in several places and of course they're the ones that don't come off easily. easily remedied by goo-gone.
3) go to take a shower: place foot inside of tub, shift weight and end up with my foot sliding halfway up the wall on the "non skid" bath mat. Note to self: get one of those anti slip rug things that work with friction rather than suction cups.
4) still in shower braced knock-kneed against the sides of the tub: finish a short of 15 minute shower. Look down. My ankles are still covered in water and the drain is plugged. Fuck....Going to maintenance because the roommate doesn't want me to go after it with a snake as if i haven't been working on plumbing my entire conscious life. (she's right and i know it, but I'd just as soon do it myself and make sure it's done right the first time)
And to top off a FUCKING WONDERFUL weekend: my radiator in my car decides it hates me and leaves a bright green trail on the parking spot I'm in. And i get 6 notes on my car that tell me i have a leak. REALLY? YA THINK?
So I'm alone, single, my car is sick and my mechanic John can't look at it until tomorrow, I'm exhausted and have way too much organizing to do. Great -_-
On the other hand....
1) i have food, clothing, a place to live, my own stuff, cable, wireless, some great amenities, and the ability to find creative solutions to my problems.
2) my parents aren't awful when i come to them with a genuine problem ask their advice.
3) I'm single with no one to answer to but my own conscience.

Truly, it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>