Wednesday, October 5, 2011

When left unattended....

Boyfriend Jon was gone all weekend with his family, leaving me to my own devices which may or may not have been a good idea. Turns out my life is totally boring without him around.

Friday, i went to see my college buddy's brand new, just got the keys condo....of which they had already tore out the carpet and tile. They were laying in snap together fake wood flooring and my girlfriend was trying to use a floor filler on the very much destroyed chip-crete floor next to the entryway. Upon suggesting that she use floor leveler for that much area, we realized all of the chip-crete was a loss thanks to the jackhammer when the tile was removed. I mean, we were moving it around with our hands it was soo loose and cracked. So i drove her to Lowes and made sure she got the right stuff. Because of the 3 hour cure time, we decided to do some demolition instead so she handed me a hammer and we got to work. 

Her dad was impressed with my knowledge of home repair. I think originally he thought i would be useless because he tried to explain to me how to paint with a roller. (eye roll) Thankfully, we never ended up getting around to painting and i was able to keep my mouth shut from "oh please there's easier ways to do that." Eventually, through helping out with just about every problem he was having to teaching my girlfriend tricks to working with his tools...we found a respect for each other, craftsmen to craftswoman. We even got to talking about how to go about doing the crown molding and running a water line for a fridge with an ice maker.  

But by 5pm, i was dead tired from taking Boyfriend Jon to the airport at O-dark-thirty. So i went home.....ish. I stopped by target with an idea to cheer Boyfriend Jon up when he got home. I bought a black shirt, some iron on white letters and some red and glow in the dark shirt paint. I made my self a I (heart) My Geek tshirt to pick him up from the airport in...and then because it's me... i made it glow in the dark too. :D


I spent all day Saturday, doing laundry, doing the shirt project, cleaning and topped it off with making myself my favorite dinner. Let me just say...the shirt turned out AWESOME.

It only took me most of a day, but Big Bang Theory Season 4 was another winner. Didn't see some of those jokes coming and i like the addition of Amy Farafowler to the cast. But it was so SHORT! i felt like very little happened this season and the obligatory "cliff hanger" for the season was less than thrilling.
Also...TEAM LENARD AND PENNY!

What can i say? I root for the underdog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>