Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting swept up

You know the feeling that time slows down the closer it draws to an exciting event. Yeah, that's not happening for me.

So much is going on that i'm trying to just relax and flow with it. Boyfriend Jon is left on a jet plane again last night to go back to California again. He's going to be gone all weekend. I'm a little bit, just a tiny little bit, glad he's going to be gone. Sure i'll miss him like crazy and probably take a flying leap into his arms when he comes home, but i have so much to do this weekend.

Last year, i slid myself into position to do a graphics project at work, designing the next year's company poster. I came in with 2 weeks to deadline and the team and I knocked it out of the ballpark. People are still (it's october) commenting to me about how much they love the calendar and wanting to know if i'm going to be working on it again.

I'm excited to say, I am. :D

I got the go ahead yesterday to start designing the 2012 calendar. More specifically, i got the go ahead to play around with 4-6 different options to give the team options to choose from before we pick one and get to work. There's a bunch things i really want to do differently. I want to take chances and try completely different layouts. The catch is that my company and the other members of the team are a lot more conservative than i am. So i'm limited in how much i can change things. But sometimes, things just work out for me.

One of the designs involves the beautiful planet Saturn, one of my favorites to mimic for digitial work. I plan on making that the one i root for (and maybe tweak to look a little bit nicer). But i also feel compelled to make a drastic change to the layout to allow for a completely different perspective than the rest of the team is expecting.

Honestly, i could sit and learn from Photoshop tutorials all day long and never be bored. It is a serious stress relief to me. Even if i'm having trouble with the steps, i still can't tear myself way from it. And it's the best feeling in the world to finally get it right. Triumph will be mine.

To give the calendar a completely different feel from last year, i even get to learn new techniques. It's going to be so much fun. And, i'm getting paid for this. Best weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>