Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting

NaNo is coming! NaNo is coming!

The countdown has reached 6.5 days. Less than a week to go. Butterflies are beginning to wake up in my stomach, my dreams start to inspire tiny little tidbits of my future story, research is now boring and i really just want to get started!

I mean really, i can only read so much about real history before i want to start messing around with what might have caused certain events. I don't even mind putting my 70wpm typing skills to use transcribing videos for my mom's deaf student, because it's awesome practice for nano.

My excitement makes my foot tap when i look at any calendar, my voice shows obvious enthusiasm when talking about it with other people, even if they're non NaNo-ers. Its on my mind almost non stop.

Why can't it just be here already?!

On the plus side, this year's novel is based off of a plot bunny that spawned itself all the way back in 2008. I even wrote about 5,000 words of it on non NaNo time. The basis is solid, and the characters are strong, but those 5k words will be great to inspire the new beginning. In a sense, my first three days are almost already written. I just have to re-type them in a different pattern and tuck in a few changes here and there.

My fingers are ichy. Come on November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>