Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello...i mean Goodbye September!

I can't believe that tomorrow is the start of October. I mean really, when the heck did September arrive let alone bolt outta here like a bullet train? The only real events i remember don't even feel like they were in September at all. I mean we had full on July and August sunshine all the way up til my birthday on the 24th. Heck, yesterday it got over 80 degrees! I slept with a fan and just a sheet! Where's the crisp air, the morning fog, the changing leaves?...ok i'll admit that the leaves are JUST beginning to change.

(warning, don't click on link unless you can resist Wikipedia)

Maybe if i listen closely i remember the Doppler Effect as September zooms by. And here's Sheldon for a visual:

In other news on of my birthday presents to myself arrived. Season 4 of Big Bang Theory. I only got to watch about 3 episodes before i made the leap to get rid of cable altogether. It's the only show i miss. So i bought it without having seen the episodes. Fingers crossed it doesn't disappoint...not that it ever has.

This morning, i took Boyfriend Jon to the airport, leaving the house at just after 4. I'm an early bird and i guess i finally did get to see some morning fog and feel the crisp cool air. It was invigorating, i got home at about 5:15 and flopped on my bed and didn't think i could fall asleep. I laid there for about a half hour and seriously considered getting up and just going in to work over an hour early.

The next thing i know my alarm to tell me to get out of the house to go to work went off. At this point...i'm surprised that it didn't take a come along leaver to get me out of bed. Suddenly, I was SOOO exhausted and at that point, my brain seriously began to consider calling in sick and just skipping work today.

I've already had two cups of coffee and still feel like a wrung out sack o-potatoes.....or something similar to that metaphor. Going back for a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>