Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Municiple Liasons and Messing with my sister

ML: That's the title of the NaNo job I'm trying to skirt around.

What they do:
Do the Nano thing. 50,000 words in 30 days. Check
Coordinate events. Weekly write ins, pre and post celebrations. Check
Answer every email. Check
Presence in the Regional forums. yup, i do post a lot on there. Check
Engaging in light fund-raising. This is the only thing i haven't done officially. so no check here.

I'm pretty much doing all the necessary tasks to be a Municipal Liaison. So, why am i not one of them?

Well, it basically comes down to being chicken. Nervous to have my name emblazoned anywhere where people know to come to me for answers. To have this crazy thing called responsibility.

So my goal for 2010 NaNo...is to learn how to be a proper ML so that when 2011 comes around, I can jump in with both feet and not pull other Wrimos down with me.

Secondly...there's my sister. She's a lot older than me. She grew up in the time when you actually memorized all your friends phone numbers. Where if you were driving somewhere and were going to be late...well, you were just late. If you wanted to talk to someone far away but not call them...you actually wrote a letter and used these things called stamps.

So natrually, when it comes to technology, she's a little behind the times. She's scared of IM and only recently started talking. For her... ASAP is the kind of digispeak she understands.

A few years ago, we were writing e-mail back and forth and I used LOL. Thus began her education in Digispeak and Emoticons.

Sister: what's ROTF?
Me: Rolling On The Floor.
Sister: what's BRB
me: Be Right Back
Sister: what's Colon and the closing parentesies?
me: a smilie face.
Sister: a what?
Me:
Sister: I still don't see it.
Me:

So every now and then I will receive a text from her telling me something in digispeak.

Sister: "Yeah, i'll SYL"
me: It's CYL
Sister: no it isn't: See You Later
Me: Say the letter C and then say the word See
Sister: Oh! But why did they change it?
Me: same reason we use 4 instead of for
Sister: I don't get it

And every now and then, i can't help but mess with her.

Me: Here's a new digispeak for you. "LMK if you want more help"
Sister: what's digispeak?
Me: Same stuff as LOL
Sister: Oh... it's Let me know. I'm getting pretty good aren't I? Send me another one. I just learned BRB.
Me: IMO red is a better color than pink
Sister: In My Opinion :)
Me (with a devilish grin on my face): U might B lrnin kwik but ur still such a n00b
Me (when i didn't get a response) : IOW U need more practice. It B JOOTT ill always B able to mess with you over. JK. XD
Sister: ok, i'll figure these out and get back to you.

Sigh. Sometimes, I just can't resist. Now i just have to let her know that one is and Emoticon not Digispeak. Woops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>