Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No really, i'm still alive

Sorry it's been so long; had a rather crazy couple of weeks.

So a couple of quick updates:
This is not trash people! Sometimes, I can't believe my city. I have found so many incredible things just literally thrown in the trash that are still in pristine condition.

Among these are:
  • A perfectly good rolling suitcase, (black, no smells, rips, or uncooperative zippers)
  • A brand new pair of tennis shoes (tag still on!)
  • A full knife block set (the knives didn't match the brand name on the block...but they all fit!)
  • 9! backpacks, totes, and other such bags all stuffed inside each other.
  • a working lamp with a tiny nearly imperceptible dent in the base
and most recently: a messenger style laptop bag in burgundy. What's more? Giant nuclear powered laptop fits inside said bag! So i have myself and Eddie Bauer brand laptop bag in my favorite color!

In other news:
Nano is just single digit days away. I'm halfway between jumping around in joy and freaking out from all the work that needs to be done.
Not only am I hosting again this year, of which my main concern is capacity, but I'm writing a story that's new ground for me. I've never written a crime thriller before! Annie: I maintain that it is NOT chick lit!
Why oh why does the library have a 1 day a month maximum?!? This plan does not work for Nano at all! And when i spoke to the help desk about the local library sponsoring the event...they told me that i should go to the one already sponsored at a different library.........26 miles away! Right. You would think that writing novels and libraries would go hand in hand wouldn't you? It's like PB&J.

I'm meeting with the inspiration for my fictitious Uncle Marcus tonight since he seems to be able to magically pull ideas out of my head like popcorn. Also as a retired Marine, I'm hoping he can shed some light onto some of the military aspects of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>