Monday, August 16, 2010

The other side of Chaos

It's over, I've survived.

It's been three weeks since i realized my month of August was going to be a trial for certain. First the family members from New York arrived. It meant a whirlwind of family get-togethers. And then the brother from Texas arrived...which meant we got to do it all over again.

This was coupled with an unplanned stressful week at work. I not only lost my dear friend, and Administrative Ally, but one of the single most bitter women i have EVER met, decided to try and throw me under the bus and focus every ounce of her snarky attitude on me. By the end of the second week, i was talking with my boss asking him to get her off my back.

And then there was the wedding. The ceremony was GORGEOUS. At an outdoor gazebo over looking the lake. The breeze off the water cooled us all down which was a blessing in the 90 degree weather. The reception was filled with delicious foods, heartfelt well wishes, and a generous helping of humor.

Between the best man retelling a roast tale that the groom didn't remember, the garter flying in the wrong direction, the bride promising to obey her new husband...sometimes and the Final Fantasy theme song upon their entrance as Mr and Mrs... overall i enjoyed myself.

Baking the cake was a pleasure. Doing two hundred cupcakes....was decidedly not. I have decided that while i don't mind making the wedding cakes... I will not be making cupcakes again. Ever.

Good idea in theory... but completely unrealistic for one person alone. With two it was still a solid day of work and way to much frustration on top of a cake. Never again. I'm only glad that Josh and Christabelle both were extremely appreciative of all my work and said so numerous times. Not to mention the look on their faces when they took their first bites was thanks enough. I'll get pictures up soon.

In other news. Boyfriend Jon deserves some serious praise. He tolerated me dragging him to family functions so as to not go alone, venting my frustrations from Bitter woman at work nearly every day, and having to take a rain check on our 9 months while i did major wedding prep. (we got together on Friday the 13th, and our 9 months also happened to fall on a Friday the 13th). And then best of all, he gave me a neck rub when it was all over. He is the BEST BOYFRIEND EVER! Spending Sunday after it was all over with him all day was so perfect, i can't describe.

Now if you don't mind...my apartment is a disaster. No corner was left untouched by this fiasco...and i must clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>