Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday rewind

Been a while so I've got lots of recap.

I was sick with either some serious food poisoning or possibly ecol i. Not sure how, but it laid me out for a solid three days and i spent four more getting over some of the more mild symptoms. I use mild relatively because even the recovery wasn't pretty. I spent a lot of time getting to know the porcelain god and wondering if my appetite would ever come back.

In this last week i've lost nine pounds also. While loosing weight is a goal of mine at the moment, i would have much rather lost the weight on my own terms. Not feeling even the slightest urge to eat, having to force myself (mind over matter style) just to get crackers into my system is not my idea of a healthy weight loss system.

And through it all, Boyfriend Jon took care of me. He's deserving of some major koodos.

My apartment is a mess....again. I keep looking back to how i lived back in 2008 and wonder why i can't keep my place as clean as I did post roommate Katherine move out.

At most, i would have two days worth of clothes on the floor, papers all over my desk, and about two plates in the sink for cleaning.

Now, living completely alone, no chance of anyone going into my apartment without my say so.....there is mess everywhere. Paperwork everywhere. Gaming controllers, pools of candle wax, dust, leftover bags from shopping, piles of clothes either waiting to be folded (my most hated task ever!) or washed. And don't even get me started on the kitchen which still has not had a full wash-down after the wedding escapade. (edit: i went and took care of this at lunch. But I still do need to reorganize my pantry.)

This is not to say I've been totally idle. I pulled apart the food trap in my dishwasher and cleaned out what appeared to be leftover tomato skins and everything else that got caught. EWWWW.

Rave: Ikea truely has some awesome ideas. One such that is making my life easier is this little gadget. It's a pot lid holder and it accordions in and out depending on how thick your lids are. Needless to say, i'm in love now.

Oh and then was the bite of the Girly Bug. 275$ later.....i'm ready for fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>