Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Just blast to Palm Springs"

Anyone in the Seattle area will probably agree with me when i shake my fist at the sky and curse it for yet more snow. Spring is supposed to be on our doorstep, not freezing temperatures and ice.
Surprisingly, after the snow decided to take a break from falling yesterday, the sun came out briefly. I found myself halfway home when i saw shadows and felt the sun's warmth.
It called to me, reminding of days when all the windows in my car were down, sunglasses on and i went speeding down the highway with my hair and fingertips flying in the wind.
And just like that, I didn't feel like going home. I purposely made a wrong turn and explored where it went occasionally adding a wrong turn here and there. I ended up 15 miles from where my apartment is, before the sun stopped shining and my stomach started growling.
But for that time, i felt so carefree, all the stress melted away like the snow under the sun.
I can't wait for summer to get here. For the day when I can put all the windows down and chance a speeding ticket. I know where I'll be:
Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>