Monday, September 27, 2010

Needent have worried

Events conspired to put all my fears about my birthday to rest. I was able to spend time with many of my longest, greatest, and most fun friends.

It turns out that last year, while doing the dating thing with Boyfriend Jon, I signed up to be on the birthday list for a local comedy club. They sent me an email telling me i get FREE tickets to the club on my birthday, and to just let them know how many i want. The comedian that night was hilarious and we enjoyed ourselves.

The following night, I got a different group of friends together at Red Robin.
Originally, i had asked for a table, but in the process of waiting 20 minutes, we saw a parade of young fussy, noisy, shrieking children. There had to have been a minimum of 100 people show up in that space of time, all with multiple children in tow. There was only one post-pubescent group.

Now don't get me wrong. I love kids. They're hilarious, easily entertained, and typically enjoyable to be around. That is to say in small groups. But there's really only so many squeaky or light up shoes, "daddy i want a balloon"s, and shrieks of horror at the thought that there might be mustard on their burger....that a sane person can take before they go Freddy Cougar.

After twenty minutes, I told the receptionist that we're going to eat in the bar. She gave me a rather knowing look considering there were about 10 family's waiting to be seated and a child currently demanding that her parents make her little brother stop. Poor woman deserves her own never empty flask of some hard liquor.

It makes me remember why some of the people whom i call friends have been around so long. We laughed, told old stories, re-connected, joked, and figured out how to fix 10 people at a table meant to be a squeeze for six.

I love my friends.

Also managed a trip to the nearby Bavarian Village. And by nearby...i mean 2 hours away. It rained the whole drive up into the mountains, and the whole way back, but our entire stay was warm and sunny enough to eat our meals outside and enjoy the dancing, tuba players and watching children go up and down the rock climbing wall.

It was a lot of fun, and overall a great birthday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>