Monday, September 20, 2010

Things I have learned this year

My birthday always seems to make me look back on the year to see what I have learned.
  1. Even at the height of summer, with a long stretch of no rain...the swamp in the back of my apartment will always be a mud pit. It's just a matter of how wet the mud gets.
  2. Massage Envy, was nice. Expensive, but nice. A foot spa was better. WAY cheaper...and better.
  3. Not all cupcake pans are created equal
  4. I can afford to live alone with no roommates and no financial help.
  5. There is no such thing as affordable, real wood, well made furniture.
  6. Unless it is in writing, don't expect people to follow through with promises, especially when it involves them owing you money.
  7. Just because you spend time picking out colors, doesn't mean you'll actually get around to painting.
  8. My personal style is clean classic and simple; when it's not influenced by anyone else, or having to fight for space in the middle of someone else's style.
  9. I still do not typically hang up pictures of friends, family, or otherwise. The only artwork up in my home, is the oil painting i got off of ebay.
  10. I really really miss riding a motorcycle.
  11. I hate fruit flies.
  12. When I had tons of time, no where to be, no one to see...yeah, my house was darn near immaculate. Not so easy to keep it that way now.
  13. Northern California was a great trip and I would go there in a heartbeat again.
  14. Sending that email to (now) Boyfriend Jon about NaNo was the most brilliant move i think i have ever made.
Otherwise, it's been a pretty sedate year. With the exception of fruit flies. I want them all to die fiery painful deaths!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>